Wednesday, December 11, 2013

WWF Wednesday - Bob Backlund : Champion VS Superfly Jimmy Snuka Cage Match 06-28-1982 MSG

This was posted on a Facebook page that I follow.
I remember this match very very well. Enjoy !!

Wrestling's Glory Days: MATCH OF THE DAY


'SUPERFLY' JIMMY SNUKA on his classic dive off the top of the cage at Madison Square Garden:

"I’m not a glory guy or anything like that, but it was such a great pleasure for me to wrestle Bob Backland, the champion at the time, so early on in my WWF career. 
He was great to wrestle against. It was such a special night for me, because I wrestled him twice and the second time was the best...the greatest psychology I ever had with him because we clicked. We took care of it, did it right, because when we go back to that locker room brudda, you want to feel good and make sure you continue feeling that way.
Jumping off the cage at the Garden, you couldn’t even hear yourself. Nobody really expected me to do that dive. I loved it so much. Things like that just stick in your heart.”



No comments: