Friday, October 31, 2008

There's a Light .. over at the Frankenstein Place


Tonight .. actually every night .. is the best night to watch my FAVORITE all-time movie ..

THE ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW


I have seen it too many times to count in movie theaters ..
from the 8th Street Playhouse .. to the Uniondale Mini Cinema.
I miss those crazy nights dressing up and singing my heart out.




I was the main course .. playing Eddie mostly ..





The Rocky Horror Picture Show is a 1975 musical comedy film that parodies science fiction and horror films. Still in limited release 30 years after its premiere, it has the longest running theatrical release in film history. It gained notoriety as a midnight movie in 1977 when audiences began participating with the film in theaters across the country."Rocky Horror" is the first movie from a major film studio, such as 20th Century Fox, to be in the midnight movie market. Widely known by mainstream audiences, it has a large international following and is one of the best known and most financially successful midnight movies of all time. In 2005, the film was selected for preservation in the United States National Film Registry by the Library of Congress as being "culturally, historically, or aesthetically significant." The film, considered a cult classic, is an adaption of the British musical stage production The Rocky Horror Show. Richard O'Brien, author of the stage show, was assisted by Jim Sharman in writing the screenplay. The movie introduces Tim Curry and features Susan Sarandon and Barry Bostwick along with cast members from the original Kings Road production of the play.

It's Friday Night Frenzy all over again ..
When HBO was first available here on Long Island ..
they had cult films on at Midnight on Friday's !!
So .. this movie has very cool memories for me of
watching it at home as well ..
with my Mom .. and best friends.

Yes .. I had the poster on my door in my room too !!
I have the set of Head Knockers from NECA !!
Movie stills that are Autographed by the stars !!

So .. you know what I will be watching at Midnight TONIGHT !!

Say .. does anyone know how to Madison ?

No comments: